This department is concerned about applied aerospace research and development of aeronautical and astronautical engineering in Sudan, through a close cooperation with national partners of aviation (universities, institutions and industries) in Sudan and other related international research projects. The department also acts to engage Sudanese aerospace engineers, technicians and researchers to enhance their technological knowledge and its application in real life and contributing in development of aerospace industry in the country.
- Airframes of aircraft and spacecrafts.
- Airframe of artificial satellites
- Engines and propulsion technologies
- Avionics and flight sensors
- Autopilots and flight control
- Navigation and positioning systems.